Your school health team supports student learning by helping students and staff to stay as healthy as possible during the school day.
Nurse Fax Line: 206-463-6698
Ann Zapf, RN, BSN: Nurse Ann works at Chautauqua Elementary and McMurray Middle School. Ann can be reached at (206) 463-8599 or cell (206) 473-1929.
Illness guidelines/Returning to school after illness
To enroll your child for school, a signed Certificate of Immunization (CIS) downloaded from the Washington State Department of Health Immunization Registry (called MyIR) is required. To print your child's immunization certificate from the WA State Immunization Registry, contact your health care provider, the school nurse or go to this website.
If a CIS isn't available online, please sign a blank CIS form (located here) and attach copies of medically verified immunizations from your health care provider.
If the parent/guardian chooses not to immunize for any or all of the required immunizations, a Certificate of Exemption (signed by parent and Health Care Provider) is also required.
When your child enters 7th grade, a Tdap (whooping cough) booster shot is required.
Required Immunizations for School
WA Dept of Health School Immunization Info and Forms
Recommended but not required immunizations
- Enterovirus D68
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Strep Throat
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Quick Guide ro Removing Head Lice Safely
- Head Lice 101
- VISD Head Lice Procedure
- How to Examine Your Child for Head Lice
- Lice Treatment & Combing video
- Prescription and Non Prescription Treatments for Head Lice
Per Washington State Law, Health Care Provider orders, medications and/or supplies must be in place no later than the first day of school. Parents must meet with the district nurse to establish a plan of care before school begins (preferably two weeks in advance).
- Severe Allergy
- FAME Manual
- CDC Food Allergy Guide
- Moderate to Severe Asthma
- Seizure Disorder
- Medication Authorization
- Minor Health Care Rights
Health Providers and Information
- Low Cost or Free Health Insurance - Apple Health
- King County Public Health Access and Outreach
- SeaMar Clinic
- Low cost Dental Clinics
- Vision: If you cannot afford a vision exam or glasses for your child, please contact the school nurse''
- American Academy of Pediatrics website for parents
- Center for Disease Control
- Public Health – Seattle and King County
- Seattle Children’s Medical Center
- Head Lice – Evidence based links
VISD Staff Training
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training for staff