ECEAP provides full day preschool education and support to families so that children are kindergarten ready. Our purpose is to provide learning through exploration, exposure to Spanish language, and a community of support for children and families that address the individual needs of each child. ECEAP (Early Childhood Education Assistance Program) is funded by Washington State. Services are free for eligible families and we have funding to serve 20 children. We accept applications throughout the year and maintain a wait list.
Who is Eligible?
Children MUST be three or four years old by August 31st, plus meet one of the following criteria:
- Income eligible families.
- Currently on TANF or immediate family member is on SSI for Disability.
- Child is in foster care or not living with a parent(s).
- Family meets McKinney-Vento requirements (Risk for homelessness).
- Transitioning from Birth to Three (IFSP) or Early Head Start.
- Child has Communication/Speech only IEP with Vashon Island Public School. (may be eligible if over income).
- Referred by Special Education Preschool Program. (may be eligible if over income)
ECEAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, marital status, mental/sensory/physical disability.
How to Apply?
- Pick up application in Chautauqua Elementary School office
- Submit an application for school year
- Mail application, or drop it off to: Chautauqua Elementary School office, 9309 SW Cemetery Road, Vashon, WA. 98070.
- Income verification is needed before the application can be processed.
- Call us if you do not have income documentation, we can help you.
- A family support specialist will call you and review the application with you.
- If you are eligible:
- Immunization records
- Well child exam
- Dental exam
- Health history
- Your child will be put on a wait list.
- You will be mailed a packet of health forms to complete including;
- The wait list order is determined by score not by date of application.
- Please fill out your application completely.
- Update us with any changes to your application.
- Space is limited.
- We do accept applications all year.
We will offer spots to children to enroll in the program in May until it is full for the following school year. Once your child is offered a spot in our program:
- A packet of paperwork is filled out at the enrollment meeting.
- Some registration paperwork is also required as a student of Chautauqua Elementary School, and a copy of the state issued birth certificate is requested for verification of age and legal name of students and parents.
- A parent orientation is held before a child starts school.
- Children’s immunizations must be up to date to attend. (Except if McKinney-Vento eligible)
- Children with life threatening conditions cannot start school without a Health Plan. (Except if McKinney-Vento eligible)