We offer a comprehensive guidance program based on individual, school and family needs. Our program is developmental and educational. We are responsible for assisting students to acquire and maintain the skills needed to:
- understand and respect themselves and others
- behave responsibly in school, family and community
- make wise choices, manage change successfully and solve problems
- use their educational opportunities well
- communicate effectively
- plan and prepare for personally satisfying and socially useful lives
Chautauqua’s counseling program is designed to assist all students in our school. It recognizes that every student must have sound emotional and social skills in order to achieve optimum benefit from the educational program. Although the counseling program is for all students, parents may choose not to have their children participate by informing the elementary counselor or the principal in writing.