WELCOME TO MRS. FILANOKI'S CLASS!
(Fill-ah-NO-skee)A view of your new Humanities and/or AVID classroomMs. Filanoski’s 6th grade Humanities Syllabus:
· 5 Themes of Geography
· Anthropology and Archeology
· Ancient Civilizations:
· Current Events
· Literary Elements and Writing Conventions
· Argumentative and Expository writing
· Reading informational texts
· Literary texts:
b. Eye of the Crow
c. The Golden Goblet
d. Heroes and Monsters of Greek Myths
The speed with which we cover topics will be determined by class understanding.
· I do not assign homework! Any work that your student brings home is either a project or an assignment that was not finished in class. At the start of the year, you might want to look for homework in your student's backpack 1-2 times per week, depending upon your student’s ability to finish assignments in class.
· This Humanities class is total points based. There are no category weights.
· To receive full credit assignments must be turned in at the beginning of class, on the day they are due.
· Partial credit will be given if an assignment is turned in late.
· An excused absence will not reduce credit.
· You may access grades at home by registering for and checking the Skyward Family Access website. I update grades on this site twice monthly.WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SUCH A GREAT YEAR!7th Grade Medieval Festival 2011Helpful things to know:Grades: I post grades twice a month in Skyward.Best way for students to contact me: Email at email@example.com or an after class phone call 206-463-8605
Best way for parents to contact me: Email will garner the quickest replyI am available to work with students: In room 152 before and after school by appointment
I check email: Three times a day: before school, lunch, and again after schoolI check phone messages: Once a day6th Grade Egypt Festival 2014