Vashon High School
2014 Washington Achievement Award winner for overall excellence, high progress, and extended graduation rates - top 5% high school in the state
- 2014-2015 Robotics team finished first in state and invited to West Super Regional in Oakland, CA
- 2014 Lit Mag received Gold award by Columbia University
- 2014-2015 Yearbook awarded top 3% in country for coverage and quality by Jostens
2014 WIAA State Champions in Debate, Lily Stenn and Julia Zaglin.
- Baritone Sax Soloist Brady Stinson placed 1st in state for solo saxophone competition
- VHS Jazz Ensemble placed first in their category Reno Jazz Competition
- Junior student, Kate Atwell, qualified for the state final in Poetry Out Loud
- Senior student, Sage Levin, advanced as a 2015 National Merit Scholarship Finalist.
- VHS Guide Dogs hosted 60 guide dogs at the Northwest regional event
- 2015 Boy's Varsity Basketball team placed 5th in state
- 2015 Wrestling team won league, placed 2nd in sub-regionals, 2nd in regionals and 8th in state this year
- 2015 Girls' Cross-country won league and district
- Athletic Director, Stephanie Spencer, was named 2015 Nisqually Athletic Director of the year.
Design & Architectural Awards for Vashon High School:
2015 MacConnell Award Finalist
Council of Educational Facility Planners International (CEFPI)
The CEFPI James D. MacConnell Award recognizes an outstanding, comprehensive planning process, which results in educational facilities that serve the needs of students, staff, and the community, and facilitate student achievement. Created in 1991 to honor the late Dr. MacConnell for his significant contributions to educational facility planning and the Council, CEFPI considers this to be its most prestigious award.
2015 Pinnacle Award
Council of Educational Facility Planners International (CEFPI) Pacific Northwest Region
The Pinnacle Award Program recognizes outstanding education facilities in the Pacific Northwest region, which includes Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon/SW Washington, Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
2015 Civic Design Awards: Honor Award
American Institute of Architects (AIA) Washington Council
The Civic Design Awards celebrates the best architectural designs in full or partially public-funded projects. These projects represent the finest standards in sustainability, innovation, building performance, and overall integration with the client and surrounding community.