Vashon Island School District Health Team
Your school health team supports student learning by helping students and staff to stay as healthy as possible during the school day.
Ann Zapf, RN, BSN: Nurse Ann is the nurse for Chautauqua Elementary School. Ann can be reached at (206) 463-8599.
Sarah Day, RN, BSN: Nurse Sarah works at McMurray Middle School and Vashon Island High School. Sarah can be reached at (206)463-8600 or cell (206)445-8362.
Elizabeth Parrish, Health Room Assistant: Elizabeth works part-time for the district in the McMurray and Vashon High School health rooms.
Staff can also be contacted at first initial last email@example.comIllness Guidelines
- Enterovirus D68
- Pertussis(Whooping Cough)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Strep Throat
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Quick Guide to Removing Head Lice Safely
- Head Lice 101
- VISD Head Lice Procedure
- How to Examine Your Child for Head Lice
- Lice Treatment & Combing video
- Prescription and Non Prescription Treatments for Head Lice
Life-threatening illness:Per Washington State Law, Health Care Provider orders, medications and/or supplies must be in place no later than the first day of school. Parents must meet with the district nurse to establish a plan of care before school begins (preferably 2 weeks in advance).
- Severe Allergy:
- Moderate to Severe Asthma
- Seizure Disorder
Immunization:The Vashon Island School District per Washington State Law requires either a completed Certificate of Immunization or a Certificate of Exemption (signed by parent and Health Care Provider) to be submitted within thirty days of your child’s first day of school. When your child enters 6th grade, a Tdap (whooping cough) booster shot is required.To print your child's immunization certificate from the WA State Immunization Registry, contact the school nurse or go to: https://wa.myir.net/
- Required Immunizations for School
- Certificate of Immunization
- Certificate of Exemption
- Recommended but not required immunizations
- Vashon Resource List
- Low Cost or Free Health Insurance
- Low cost Dental Clinics
- Vision: If you cannot afford a vision exam or glasses for your child, please contact district nurse, Sarah Day
- American Academy of Pediatrics website for parents
- Center for Disease Control
- Public Health – Seattle and King County
- Seattle Children’s Medical Center
- Head Lice – Evidence based links
VISD Staff Training