What is this for?
We are talking about what was commonly referred to as "Thursday Folders". This provides Island Non-Profits with a method to send paper fliers or brochures home with students for their student-related activities.
Only those who have a 501(c)3 non-profit status can utilize this option. This number should be present on any printed materials.
Why the change?
In an effort to continue to provide non-profits the opportunity to distribute program information while reducing the impact on our environment, non-profit fliers will now be distributed to our students three times per year instead of every month.
When will paper distributions happen?
- Thursday, September 20. A representative from your organization may stock the classroom envelopes on September 17, 18, or 19 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Thursday, December 6. A representative from your organization may stock the classroom envelopes on December 3, 4, or 5 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Thursday, May 16. A representative from your organization may stock the classroom envelopes on May 13, 14, or 15 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Is there any other option for promoting our activities
The same requirements apply as for the paper distributions. It is for 501(c)3 verified non-profits only. All events must be student-related and elementary age appropriate.
- Web Links - As an alternative for the reduced distribution times, we are providing this area of our website.
- Posters or Flyers - These can be submitted any time during the year. Please bring them in person to the Chautauqua office. They must have your identifying non-profit number printed on the front of the poster/flyer. Posters larger than 11x17 inches will not be accepted.
- Lunchroom Announcements - You can schedule a time with our front office to come in to speak to students during lunch time. To ensure a successful presentation we have the following requirements:
- Stamps are allowed on student HANDS ONLY
- NO paper handouts - flyers can be left on our shelves for community events in the hallway near the main office
- NO tokens, gifts or other toys to be handed out - stickers are ok
- Equipment brought may only be handled by presenters (NOT by students)
- NO LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS OF EQUIPMENT
If you would like to expand your program's reach, we are open to having a group of volunteers come to a recess time to work with any interested students on their activity. Please check with our office to schedule and learn more about what this would look like.