Community Service Resources
Community Service is a district level graduation requirement at VHS. A minimum of 25 hours is required to graduate. Recognizing the value that service to others can provide for young adults, VHS students complete service projects related to their interests and values.
VHS students are working to make positive changes in the world every day! Here is a list of organizations last year's graduates served with: Class of 2020 Community Service
- Getting Started: Define Service Goals, Develop the Service Plan, Choose a Project
- Completion Form and Hourly Log
- Once you complete your service project for graduation, you need to turn in the Community Service Form
- The signed form can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: VHS, Attn: Jenn Coe, 9600 SW 204th, Vashon WA 98070
- Reflection of the experience
Activities that do not qualify for community service hours include:
- working for money or gifts,
- court or school ordered punishments,
- ASB or club required activities,
- babysitting, or
- service work for which you receive a grade or extra credit.
a relative can not serve as your service project supervisor.
If there are questions about whether an activity is eligible for community service hours, students should contact Jenn Coe at firstname.lastname@example.org.