Community Service Resources
Community Service is a district level graduation requirement at VHS. A minimum of 25 hours is required to graduate. Recognizing the value that service to others can provide for young adults, VHS students complete service projects related to their interests and values.
- Getting Started: Define Service Goals, Develop the Service Plan, Choose a Project
- Completion Form and Hourly Log
- Reflection of the experience
Activities that do not qualify for community service hours include:
- working for money or gifts,
- court or school ordered punishments,
- ASB or club required activities,
- babysitting, or
- service work for which you receive a grade or extra credit.
a relative can not serve as your service project supervisor.
If there are questions about whether an activity is eligible for community service hours, students should ask their counselor.