The Teen Council program was selected because it has promising results over its twenty-year history within 35 Teen Councils in 13 states; preliminary results of a three-year evaluation have shown that it has a positive effect on clarifying attitudes, behaviors, and beliefs for our young people.
The objectives for the Teen Council members include:
- encourage conversation with parents to clarify family attitudes and beliefs
- to increase sexual health knowledge
- reduce sexual risk taking, increase self-esteem
- increase communication between partners about sexuality
- increase comfort and confidence with decisions.
The objectives for the audiences of the Teen Council presentations include:
- increased sexual health knowledge
- increased motivation to avoid pregnancy and disease
- reinforce the benefits of remaining abstinent
- increased healthy decision-making
If If you have more specific questions about the training that the Teen Council has received you may contact your child’s teacher or Tracy McLaren, the Teen Council advisor at (206-940-6430) or at email@example.com