The Daily BulletinRead The Daily Planet
Exploratory Week Catalog Hot Off The Press
February / March Calendar
February 27 PDD – late arrival
28 MAST Breakfast
March 13 PDD – late arrival
20 & 21 Student Led Conferences, no McMurray classes
27 PDD – late arrival
28 Executive Council Dance
Our annual MAST (McMurray Academic Success Team) breakfast is scheduled for Friday, February 28th at 7:50 am, or when the buses arrive. This pancake breakfast is served to all McMurray students who received a 3.5 GPA or greater on their semester grade report. If you would like to volunteer to help with the breakfast from 7:45 to 8:45, please contact Gates Johnson.
Information on Student Led Conferences will be emailed to parents Friday, February 14th.
School Tour Dates 2013-2014
Enrolling Non-resident Students at McMurray Middle School 2013-2014
Each year around this time, the phone begins to ring with parents calling who are interested in exploring McMurray Middle School and learning about the process for students commuting to Vashon as a “non-resident.”
McMurray offers a series of tours for students and their families aimed to give a broad overview of our Middle School programs as well as familiarize visitors with our campus, facilities, and extracurricular programs.
Tours are led by Principal Greg Allison. Following a welcome and overview, a student panel will offer their perspective on commuting to McMurray Middle School. Information will be shared about what is involved in navigating the commute to Vashon for those coming from off-Island. Tour participants are encouraged to ask questions.
If you are interested in attending one of our tours, please contact Greg Allison at 206
463-9168, ext. 166 to sign up.
2013-2014 tours are currently scheduled for the following dates and typically last 45 minutes:
Wednesday, December 11 from 11:00-11:45
Wednesday, January 22 from 11:15-11:45
Wednesday, February 5 from 11:15-11:45
Wednesday, March 5 from 11:15-11:45
*We have scheduled our tour time to align with the 10:20 boat leaving Fauntleroy and/or the 10:10 boat leaving Southworth.
The Enrollment Process
The process for enrolling as a non-resident student at McMurray involves a few simple steps:
1. Join us for a tour to learn more about our school. We encourage you to bring your student along.
2. Apply for admission using our Non-Resident Student application,
3. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2013-2014 school year; these forms are date stamped and considered in the order they are received.
4. McMurray has two application cycles: Early enrollment forms are due by February 14th, with notifications regarding acceptance mailed out on March 3rd . Late enrollment applications are due by April 28th , with notifications mailed out on May 5th. Applications may still be submitted following the April 28th date, but on a space-available basis.
5. When you receive an acceptance letter for enrollment at McMurray, you must obtain a “non-resident inter-district transfer agreement” from your local Superintendent's office. Your student's enrollment will be confirmed once this transfer agreement has been received by McMurray. This will finalize the enrollment process.