The Daily BulletinRead The Daily Planet
Healthy Youth Survey
Dear McMurray Families, Our district is participating in the Washington State 2014 Healthy Youth Survey during homeroom time on October 15th.
The Healthy Youth survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, risk and protective factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by schools, communities and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks.The Healthy Youth Survey is given to students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 across Washington State. This year, schools from small districts are also giving the survey to students in grades 7, 9 and 11.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous.
Enrolling Non-Resident Students at McMurray 2015-2016
Each year around this time the phone begins to ring with parents calling who are interested in exploring McMurray Middle School and learning about the process for students commuting to Vashon as a “non-resident.”
McMurray offers a series of tours for students and their families aimed to give a broad overview of our Middle School programs as well as familiarize visitors with our campus, facilities, and extracurricular programs.Tours are led by Principal Greg Allison. Following a welcome and overview, a student panel will offer their perspective on commuting to McMurray Middle School. Information will bshared about what is involved in navigating the commute to Vashon for those coming from off-Island. Tour participants are encouraged to ask questions.
Tours are currently scheduled for the following dates, and align with the 10:20 boat leaving Fauntleroy and the 10:10 boat leaving Southworth :
Wednesday December 10th 11:00 am
Wednesday January 21st 11:00 am
Wednesday March 4th 11:00 am
The Enrollment Process
The process for enrolling as a non-resident student at McMurray involves a few simple steps:
1. Join us for a tour to learn more about our school. We encourage you to bring your student along.
2. Apply for admission using our Non-Resident Student application
3. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2015-2016 school year; these forms are date-stamped and considered in the order they are received.
4. McMurray has two application cycles: Early enrollment forms are due by February 13th enrollment applications are due by April 30th 2015, with notifications regarding acceptance mailed out by March 2nd. Late enrollment applications are due by April 30th, with notifications mailed out by May 15th.
5. When receiving an acceptance letter for enrollment at McMurray, you must obtain a “non-resident inter-district transfer agreement” from your local Superintendent’s office and send this form to McMurray. You will also complete and return McMurray’s enrollment packet that contains a form used to request records from your student’s current school along with immunization forms, and other critical documents. Your student’s enrollment will not be finalized until all of these documents have beenreceived by the McMurray front office.
6. Families who decide to “decline” enrollment at McMurray are asked to notify the school’s Principal, Greg Allison in writing as soon as a decision has been reached.
Events for November
6... PDD, late arrival
10.. Veteran's Day assembly, 2:00 pm
11.. Veteran's Day, no school
13.. Boys Basketball at Hawkins; Girls Soccer at Fairview
17.. Girls Soccer home versus North Tapps
18.. Boys Basketball at curtis; Girls Soccer home versus Central Kitsap
20.. PDD, late arrival; Boys Basketball home versus Mountain View; Girls Soccer at Mountain View
24.. Girls Soccer at Ridgetop
25.. Boys Basketball home versus Woodward