The Daily BulletinRead The Daily Planet
January and February Calendar
McMurray School Calendar
12-20 Sign up for Girls Basketball and Wrestling
15 Late arrival, 10:30 start
15 Night of Visual and Performing Arts, 6 to 8 pm
19 ML King Jr. Day, no school
21 Girls Basketball and Wrestling practices begin
23 End of first semester
26 Teacher In-service, no school
27 Second semester begins
5 Late arrival, 10:30 start
16-20 Late Winter Break, no school
26 Late arrival, 10:30 start
Enrolling Non-Resident Students at McMurray 2015-2016
Each year around this time the phone begins to ring with parents calling who are interested in exploring McMurray Middle School and learning about the process for students commuting to Vashon as a “non-resident.”
McMurray offers a series of tours for students and their families aimed to give a broad overview of our Middle School programs as well as familiarize visitors with our campus, facilities, and extracurricular programs.Tours are led by Principal Greg Allison. Following a welcome and overview, a student panel will offer their perspective on commuting to McMurray Middle School. Information will bshared about what is involved in navigating the commute to Vashon for those coming from off-Island. Tour participants are encouraged to ask questions.
Tours are currently scheduled for the following dates, and align with the 10:20 boat leaving Fauntleroy and the 10:10 boat leaving Southworth :
Wednesday January 21st 11:00 am
Wednesday March 4th 11:00 am
The Enrollment Process
The process for enrolling as a non-resident student at McMurray involves a few simple steps:
1. Join us for a tour to learn more about our school. We encourage you to bring your student along.
2. Apply for admission using our Non-Resident Student application
3. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2015-2016 school year; these forms are date-stamped and considered in the order they are received.
4. McMurray has two application cycles: Early enrollment forms are due by February 13th enrollment applications are due by April 30th 2015, with notifications regarding acceptance mailed out by March 2nd. Late enrollment applications are due by April 30th, with notifications mailed out by May 15th.
5. When receiving an acceptance letter for enrollment at McMurray, you must obtain a “non-resident inter-district transfer agreement” from your local Superintendent’s office and send this form to McMurray. You will also complete and return McMurray’s enrollment packet that contains a form used to request records from your student’s current school along with immunization forms, and other critical documents. Your student’s enrollment will not be finalized until all of these documents have beenreceived by the McMurray front office.
6. Families who decide to “decline” enrollment at McMurray are asked to notify the school’s Principal, Greg Allison in writing as soon as a decision has been reached.